Beautiful gift ideas sourced by West Kin to help you find the perfect gift, made with love from our talented pool of designers, makers and stores
1. Smitten Design Katie Smith is a fantastic textiles designer who designs and prints her own fabrics which are then made into a range of fabulous products. You can buy anything from tea towels to make-up pouches and cushions. You can also buy hand-printed fabrics for your own projects. With a distinct colour palette and style, you can’t go wrong with these beautiful gift choices.
”Textiles with a distinct look and quality of design. West Kin loves these fabrics”
VISIT SMITTEN DESIGN
2.Forage +Bloom Designed by French Bay local Naturopath and Herbalist Hannah McMenamin, Forage + Bloom is an Organic Herbal Tea range that tastes delicious, works with your lifestyle, and makes you feel amazing! Enjoy hot, iced, in cocktails and with fresh herbs.
Perfect as a Stocking filler for someone special in your life who loves a healthy lifestyle
VISIT FORAGE + BLOOM
3. Kaolin Store is a carefully edited collection of ceramics for the home, handcrafted with care by New Zealand makers. Based in Woodlands Park, Kaolin is a perfect store to shop for someone who loves ceramics and appreciates the skill and love that goes into each piece.
As makers we believe in supporting local artists, celebrating craftsmanship & elevating the handmade.
4. Elemental Jewellery is an Auckland based studio, where designer Rosie Carson creates unique, contemporary jewellery designs. Materials used include gemstones and precious metals along with recycled wood & brass. We love Rosie’s aim which is to create pieces that have a unique simplicity, are beautiful and wearable, and yet are still affordable. Ticks all our needs for a great gift. To see the range:
West Kin loves the simplicity of Elemental’s Jewellery
5. Burrow & Be With the love of interiors and design and the inspiration of her two children, Catherine Melo had the idea of designing and screen printing bed linen and soft furnishings for kids. Over the years her passion for interiors and fabric design has grown. She has worked away with designs, patterns and prints from her studio in West Auckland. She only uses non-toxic water-based inks on her products. A great gift for a little one and gentle on the environment.
A gift gentle on your little one and the environment too
VISIT BURROW & BE
6. Renee Boyd – Working from her home studio in Glen Eden, Renee started working with clay and realised that it appealed not only to my love of pottery with the materials and process but also to her sense of independence as a designer. “It’s the only medium I have worked with that I can use to make a product by doing each step in the process myself – from design to finish.”
A ‘Local Creative’, featured in Issue NO. 1 of the magazine, we have long been a fan of Renee’s Work
VISIT RENEE BOYD DESIGN
Click on the images below to be taken directly to the stores to see more gift ideas
7. Totally Devoted, the food with benefits. Totally Devoted was created from a desire to provide new mums and health-conscious men with wholesome and natural products.
And it doesn’t hurt that they taste great, too. “What we are is a company that sells real food with real ingredients that have real health benefits. Simple.”
The Lactation tea with Rosehip, apple and Fennel is a great stocking filler for new mums.
A great stocking filler for all those new mums
VISIT TOTALLY DEVOTED
8.Gwyneth Hulse Design West kin loves the clean minimal lies of Gwyneth Hulse Design. Whilst not strictly local, her work is available locally. Each piece of wood gives a truly unique finish and no two are alike. We love these Xmas ornaments and her jewellery is out of this world. Anybody would love to receive a gift of these beautifully crafted designs. To see more of her range visit
Simple, modern and natural these hand-crafted designs are truly a unique gift to give at Christmas
VISIT GWYNETH HULSE DESIGN
9.Pure Nature From it’s beautifully designed store in Henderson, PureNature supplies premium natural ingredients for aromatherapy, natural skincare, soap making, candle making, natural healthcare and more. A perfect gift for hobbyists you may know. They do amazing starter kits for soap and candle making and also beauty kits like the amazing, Make Your Own Calendula Balm Kit ($16.90).
All the ingredients they supply are backed by an experienced and professional team; quality and purity is assured. They offer only the finest raw materials, sourced locally and internationally, from suppliers carefully selected to meet their strict standards for quality, sustainability and purity.
Perfect for the budding organic home-made beauty guru
VISIT PURE NATURE
10.BOXSMITH uses products from New Zealand businesses who are ethical and who put their values into their products – fresh, local, vegan, cruelty-free, organic, fair trade are some of the examples you will see in the gift box collections. Boxsmith also gives back and has chosen to support Make A Wish with 5% of each gift box donated to them (to a maximum of $5 per box). All sentiments that West Kin thinks make a perfect gift choice for all you super-busy people to send.
A perfect gift choice for those super-busy people that want more from their gift choices|
12. The Silly Sausage Stories Not only are these wonderful stories beautifully designed and written, they support a great cause too. After Monique caught her mischievous but sweet sausage dog, Rocky, stuffing his face with bread that was left on a table (this was only one of his escapades), an idea struck. With Monique’s wonderful way with words, and Kate’s rad illustration skills, they created The Silly Sausage Stories. A series that follows the adventures of Rocky, as well as teaches us all a bit of a lesson.
By purchasing either the Heart Kids X The Silly Sausage Stories Special Edition Bundle or Story Book, you’ll be donating to a wonderful cause
VISIT THE SILLY SAUSAGE STORIES
12.The Natural Co. is run by Rebecca from her Laingholm home. After becoming a mum she wanted to work in a job that allowed her to spend more time as a mother. The Natural Co. started from a desire to supply the very best natural, low toxic and cruelty-free brands to buyers. The metal Caliwood reusable straws stop the senseless overuse of plastics and the beautiful Santosa handwash turns a daily task into a moment of self-care.
Great range of gifts for all your eco-friendly mates or family members
VISIT THE NATURAL CO